Releasing a horse to RVHR
At this time RVHR is not accepting owner release horses. If you have been told by a Animal Control officer to contact us please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like you can fill out the information you are very welcome to do so. But your horse will only be put on our waiting list. If a space open we will contact you.
Other idea’s to place your horse:
- Place ad’s online at these places
- Your local Craigslist
- Facebook has groups of free and for sale equines
- Put up flyers at your local feed stores
- Check your local equine boarding stables to see if they know of anyone looking for a horse
We are so sorry that you have had to come to this page of our website. But we do understand wanting the best for your equine. The purpose of Roanoke Valley Horse Rescue, Inc. is to promote the prevention of equine abuse and help owners when we can.
Here are a few things you should know before continuing.
- RVHR provides shelter, food, daily care, medical treatment, rehabilitation, and placement services for horses in need because they have been abandoned, neglected and/or are in need of a new home.
- RVHR shall obtain legal ownership of donated horses accepted into our guardianship, with the goal of placing these horses into caring and suitable new homes.
- RVHR’s first priority is to serve as a shelter and provide care for legally impounded horses when legal action is being taken by the State Veterinarian, local and other authorities because of maltreatment by the horses owner.
- An owner who wishes to relinquish their ownership to our rescue may do so knowing that we will follow that equine for the rest of its life.
- Owners wishing to relinquish their horse to the RVHR Facility will be required to pay a $500.00 intake fee. This fee will help us defer costs while looking for a new home for your horse.
Clicking submit will take you to the next page. If you remain on this page you have not entered information in a required field.