Board of Directors
The Roanoke Valley Horse Rescue Inc. is an approved non-profit 501(c)(3) organization focused on the prevention of equine abuse. Our paddocks are open to abused, neglected, starved, and slaughter bound horses. Roanoke Valley Horse Rescue Inc. provides educational opportunities to the general public on horsemanship, horse care and safety. Roanoke Valley Horse Rescue Inc. provides to Animal Control offices assistance with the seizure of any and all equines.
|Board of Directors 2011|
|Jason Muncy, Board Chairman|
|Fran Gerber||Marc Stewart|
|Angie Marshall||Christina Hostler|
Would you like to become a Board Member?
Serving as a Board Member of RVHR Inc. is one of the most challenging and rewarding volunteer assignments. While appointment to our board is an honor, board members have important responsibilities that require a commitment of time, skill, and resources. Prospective board members do themselves a service, and show that they are serious about the commitments they make, by asking some basic questions before asking to join. Here is a list of Q&A’s for your convenience. If you have further questions please email them to PLMuncy@rvhr.com.
- Do I agree with the RVHR Inc.’s mission?
- Is the financial condition of the organization sound?
- As all non profit we have good years and bad years. With today’s economy we, too, have funding issues once again this year. If you would like a copy of our profit and loss statement please email Patricia L. Muncy at PLMuncy@rvhr.com for a current copy.
- How often do board members receive financial reports?
- At each quarterly meeting and/or when requested.
- How is the board structured?
- You can review the RVHR By-Laws below.
- Are there descriptions of the responsibilities of the board as a whole and of individual board members?
- You can review the BOD Rules and Regulations below which contain those responsibilities.
- Who are the other board members?
- The list is at the beginning of this page.
- Is there a system of checks and balances to prevent conflicts of interest between board members and the organization?
- Conflicts and concerns are checked by the BOD Chairperson.
- Does the organization have directors and officers liability coverage?
- Please note information in our By-Laws
- What are the ways that I think I can contribute as a board member?
- How much of my time will be required for meetings and special events?
- Each BOD member is required to help, visit, or work at the facility 4 hours a month and oversee one or more Coordinators.
- What orientation will I receive to the organization and to the responsibilities of board service?
- We have no orientation each new BOD member will be assisted by BOD Chairmen and CEO for any help needed.
- What is the board’s role in fundraising?
- We ask each board member to attend as many fundraising events that possible in order to help support the organization.
- Will I be expected to make a specific annual financial contribution?
- No, not at all
- What role will I play in soliciting donors?
- As each of us have our own personal contacts to possible donors we do ask that you take the time to spread the word about the organization to help raise funds.
Please let us know if you have any other questions. If you are ready to apply for board membership Click here to fill out our online application.
|BOD Rules and Regulations||BOD Meeting Minutes||RVHR By-Laws|
|Next RVHR Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled For November 27th, 2011 at 1PM at RVHR Facility.|